After searching long and hard and taste testing countless recipes, I have finally found a recipe that taste like a fresh from the oven cookie! The best part is that this recipe takes one minute to cook! What a wonderful thought that at any moment you are only one minute away from an ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie! =)
Here are the ingredients you will need:
1 TBSP of butter
1 TBSP of sugar
1 TBSP of firmly packed brown sugar
3 drops (half a capful) of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/8 TSP of salt
1/8 TSP of baking soda
1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
That may sound like a lot of chocolate chips, but trust me when I say that is what makes it delicious! 😉
1. Pick out your favorite mug and melt your tablespoon of butter in the microwave for about 15 – 30 seconds.
2. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and the egg yolk and stir with a fork.
3. Add your flour, salt and baking soda. The ingredients in your cup should really resemble cookie dough at this point. =)
4. Add your
heaping 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and stir. It may take just a bit of muscle to get these babies mixed in, but just think about all the calories you are burning! =)
5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 40-60 seconds. You will want to start checking for doneness at 40 seconds but do not cook longer than 60 seconds! If you overcook your precious cookie, it will turn hard as a rock. My microwave takes exactly 60 seconds to cook this perfectly, but it just depends on how powerful your microwave is.
6. Enjoy your heavenly treat! If you really want to make it special, you can add some vanilla ice-cream. YUM!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I am still searching for the PERFECT cake in a mug recipe. If you have one, please share it in the comments! I would love to try it out! =)
Original recipe found at: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/Mug-ChocolateChipCookies.htm