All throughout my adult life, I have loved, loved, loved to entertain in our home. I enjoy so much the fellowship of other believers and love the influence they have had on my children over the years. Too many times we shy away from having people over because of the amount of effort and time it takes to get our home ready and prepare food. It is our prayer here at The Ministry Mom, to help you in that area. For some tips on getting your house ready, check out our post on Hospitality. For a super easy meal, you could pair these Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls with our Hospitality Meatloaf and our Crockpot Mac and Cheese! Seriously, this would make an easy meal that you would be able to do most of the work way ahead of time and be able to relax and enjoy visiting with your friends!!!
The following recipe was one that Katie originally found that had come from Real Mom Kitchen and I have adapted it to suit my tastes. They are quick and easy to make and really are so yummy! You don’t have to be afraid of making homemade rolls! Give them and try and let me know what you think!!!!
Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon of dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups floor (either bread or all-purpose will work!)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, sugar, and honey. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, the salt, the dry milk and the egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9×13 pan. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter on top.
Please comment and let us know how you liked them!!! Enjoy!4