Today I want to share the BEST recipe for crock pot macaroni and cheese. This mac and cheese never turns out mushy and the seasoning is spot on! This makes the perfect recipe for Sunday afternoon dinner with family, because you can do most of the prep work on Saturday night and the recipe cooks for 2 ½ hours. My siblings ask me to make this for them on their birthdays and I love bringing this for holiday dinners, because it is fantastic and ALWAYS turns out perfect!
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes and drain. You want to boil it for exactly 6 minutes, because you don’t want your mac and cheese to turn out mushy! (I do this step the night before when making this for Sunday dinner.)
– In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. (I have used pre-shredded cheese, but shredding cheese fresh from the block makes the creamiest cheese sauce!) *I used shredded cheese from the bag for this picture*
– In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. (Aside from adding the cheese mixture, I do this step the night before as well.)
– Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
– Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
After this picture of a big bowl of creamy mac and cheese, I’m not sure what more you would need to motivate you to make this amazing recipe! 😉 Please use the comment section to let me know if you agree that this is the BEST crockpot mac and cheese!
***original recipe found at: Repeatcrafterme.com4